Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Dear Summer 2018, it was awesome. Thank you.


This Summer (July, August), we were more or less at home in Ljubljana and – believe it or not – it was great. Better than I had ever imagined. Well, we spent also time at our parents’ places, but going somewhere, as a family to mountains or seaside for example, in the end, we didn’t make it. Not even for a day. If you’d told me a year ago that I’d spend summer 2018 mostly in Ljubljana I would’ve said “You’re crazy!” or just sighed and make an angry comment that probably that it’d be the worst summer of my life.
Ha, surprise! In the end, this summer turned out to be a complete success. I spent a lot of time with my family, of course, and then with myself. I found out I have & need more time for myself than ever before. People told me, “When you get a baby, you can forget to have a time for pampering yourself.” They are so wrong.
Let me explain: when my husband and I had no kids, we spent every free moment for travelling and meeting with friends. We were moving around all the time, and sometimes I felt like I was on a roller coaster. In particular, I was completely addicted to the outside world, and being home it was – for – me obviously a big waste of time. I was also raised to believe that doing nothing or simply resting in bed and just enjoying the moment was for the weak people.
However, when we had a baby, I found out that being at home can also be fun. My baby girl forced me to stop for a while and it’s made me a calmer and happier person. Now, in my new reality, I have time for family, friends, my job and even for myself. My priorities are clearer than ever before, and I am more efficient. At work, for example, I handle hard situation more easily, find solutions more quickly and I am also wiser in communication – now I am able to wait with the answer, think about it, and then write down a polite and persuasive answer. I can say I am more present in the moment and not thinking what was in the past and how things should be in the future. Past experiences are just tool to help me solve daily challenges in the right way.
You are probably curious what I or we were do the whole long summer in the town – well, a lot of things, we cuddle, we love each other, playing piano, reading a lot, writing, cooking new things, hiking with the baby to Rožnik, Grmada and Šmarna Gora, running.
I also officially became addicted to yoga. I am practicing iyengar & high fly yoga on a daily basis. I had been doing yoga on and off for years now, but committing to it and then finding all beauties, benefits and positive dimensions of it has simply blown my mind. So, now I am in love with yoga, and my life has become perfect. I am pretty sure anyone can practice yoga but getting something more and starting to breathe with full lungs, you have to be ready to open your heart and mind. And what I love in yoga is that every practice brings you some new feelings and knowledge and you are digging deeper and deeper into yourself and soul every time. It is actually a process and yoga can give you great opportunity for personal transformation.
And that was Summer 2018, lost in time and space. Sometimes I had to check the calendar to see what the date was.
So, I never thought Summer could be so inspirational at home – also being in the city with tourists actually gives you this precious feeling you are on holidays as well. And the conclusion or the final wisdom is: it does not matter where you spend your holidays, what counts is with whom you are and if you are able to switch off everything that inhibits the calm of the mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment